Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Haircut


This may be more then you want to know about me, but a haircut can be a traumatic thing. I tend to wait months before going. While at the stylist you see them chopping and chopping, strands flying every which way. Then they start styling and it is so wrong from the way you normally do your hair. It makes you just want to shout 'Stop! Please stop messing with my hair. 20 more minutes is not going to make it look any better'. Finally once they stop, the stylist turns to you and says 'what do you think'? It's at this point you need to make a strategic decision, do you take your losses and attempt to leave ASAP or try and getting it looking more like what you envision. I normally take my loses and duck out hoping I can repair some of the damage myself.

I finally went in and got a haircut yesterday...

So here's a before hand picture. Yes, it is a bad picture, but who needs to style their hair or wear make-up when then work from home? The only event out was walking to the salon then my second group ride that evening, which means the hair is under a helmet anyways.

You say let's see the new haircut. That's it in the picture on top, but looks like you can't see the hair. Well, It might be a few days, um maybe weeks. I'm not going to go through the details but I look like Ellen Degeneres. Actually more like a guys bowl cut but on a girl, with a flip on the end. This time I even opted to try and get her to fix it but to no avail. At least I can say I know I may start to like it after a few days pass, as I always do. They never are really too bad. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, it is rather hard to see the cut - hum....
    Maybe from you description you will have to wait a month before you like it .. oops.

    ReplyDelete