Sunday, April 02, 2006

First Group Ride

Saturday morning was my first group ride. Me and 10 guys pulled out of Starbucks and headed off to the W&OD trail. Not knowing the pace these boys would want to do I hung to the back and took in the great day. 70 degrees and sunny again! Man, I could get use to this weather.

Luckily for me the pace was fine and I had no problem hanging (especially with the draft). But as in any ride there's a a time to let loose for a bit and test each other. So at one point we're flying at a good 23mph on a gradual climb. I hung on but was out of breath by the end. Whew. Glad that was over.

2 hours and 45 minutes later it's time for Geoff and I to bike back to the house, clean up, and hang out with our visitors. That was a good ride. I can see how doing that once a week would really improve my fitness. Thanks Geoff and boys for letting me tag along :)

p.s. I've been corrected. We were flying at 28 mph, not 23 mph. I knew it was fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment