
Everyone has their bad flights but how about a bad luggage experience? I came back from my trip to Minnesota this Sunday. The fight got delayed 2 hrs due to stormy weather in D.C. Not a big deal. We actually made up time and landed around 9:40pm. As I waited on the plane to get off I looked out my window thru the pouring rain and noticed the crew was throwing our luggage off the airplane into a huge wet pile. There was mine! Maybe I should just go pick it up now! Twenty minutes later I finally got off the plane with the hopefully thought I would get my luggage right away.
At baggage claim our flight had to switch to a new baggage # due to it breaking. After about 10 minutes our luggage came from my flight. How quick! Only problem some of flights luggage was missing?? I thought, but I saw my suitcase, it's here! I kept standing there flight after flight waiting for it. I'd say 10 other flights came and went. The place was a mess due to the weather and cancelled fights so there was no one around to ask for help.
Finally I had given up and started the wait in the long line for submitting a missing luggage report. And then there it was! Two hours later my luggage finally came on the original baggage #. It seems from the happening, my suitcase was at the bottom of the broken baggage claim conveyer belt. They just left it there for hours until they fixed the belt. Can you believe it! I wish I would have know. I would have crawled down there and gotten it. By now it was midnight and I was ready to head for bed. Whew. What a long trip.
Wow- it's amazing they can get away with that.
ReplyDelete