- Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubnner
- Hope Again by Charles R. Swindoll
- The Four Seasons of Marraige by Gary Chapman
- Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
It's time to read... Where's the rain when you need it?
It's time to read... Where's the rain when you need it?
You'll have to tell me how you like Freakonomics. I have been considering that book on my Audible audiobook account.
ReplyDeleteI would also recommend Blink. I finished it a couple weeks ago (non-fiction).
Yes, I'm curious about the economics book too.
ReplyDeleteFun with words: The first sentence of the Amazon description of each of your books (guess which is which):
ReplyDelete“Economics is not widely considered to be one of the sexier sciences. Combining the New Testament teachings of Peter and the insights of one of the most popular authors of our day, Hope Again is an encouraging, enlivening and refreshing look at why we can dare to hope no matter who we are, no matter what we face. The result may be separation and divorce, but there are other outcomes as well. It's a fascinating journey up and down the food chain, one that might change the way you read the label on a frozen dinner, dig into a steak or decide whether to buy organic eggs. You'll certainly never look at a Chicken McNugget the same way again.”
An eclectic mix, indeed.
That's good Dan. I sure you'll be glad to know I paired the sentences up correctly with the books. I'm right in the middle of Omnivore's Dilemma and it's good. I'll have to post some thoughts on it.
ReplyDeleteI'll check out Blink. sounds interesting. :) I'm always up for more books to read.
ReplyDelete