Friday, September 18, 2009

Women's Bible Study

I started my women's bible study yesterday. What a blessing it is to have our church offer bible studies during the day with nursery so us mom's can go. I feel so excited to be studying with Jaye and her class on 'Experiencing the Spirit' by Henry and Melvin Blackaby. I decided this class was a perfect match some weeks ago. It was exactly what I wanted to learn about and by a teach I respect. But for some reason I didn't sign-up. When I finally went to sign-up it was full.

I was so saddened about not getting in. None of the other classes were full. Normally I would just let it go and sign-up for something else or not go. But I decided to look into it more. I emailed and called and they decided to let me in. I am so thankful. We had the first day yesterday and I can truly say I know that is where I am suppose to be. I can't wait to start the study and learn with the other 25 women.

Here's the opening lines of the book:
"When it comes to the work of the Holy Spirit in the believer's life, few topics have been so popular and so neglected at the same time. It's a popular topic because people want power; they want to experience something of the divine in their life... many Christians assume that the Spirit's purpose is to be our servant and help us enjoy abundant life. But that view is fundamentally inadequate. Jesus sent the Spirit not for us, but for Him... Too ofter, we fall into a self-centered approach to our walk with God that emphasizes what we get out of it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment