We wanted to do something we couldn't do with a kid in tow. Oh grand ideas of 2 days of a bike trip through Maryland - 50 miles a day, camping out at night wasn't going to work. We had to keep it doable for a pregnant person like me. So we settled on a wonderful weekend around here instead.
Friday after saying goodbye to Miles, we headed to Old Town Alexandria and walked around. We checked out the The Torpedo Factory. What an amazing place. Geoff knew how much I love homemade artwork and crafts. You could watch the artist in action and purchase their work. We then headed to the Lavender Moon Cupcakery where all they sell is delicious cupcakes! The chocolate smores cupcake was fabulous. Right next door was 'The Grape and Bean'. You guessed it a coffee place for Geoff. After that all I knew is Geoff has a surprise for me at 5pm. So we headed off to see what he could have planned. A couples massage at Red Door! I have never had a pregnancy massage before. It is well worth it! Thanks Geoff was a fantastic surprise.
Then off to dinner at Cafe Deluxe where I had the best tortilla soup and shrimp parmesan salad. The dressing was olive oil and lemon and it just tasted so good. Lastly we headed to a production of "The game of Love and Chance" at the 1st Stage Theatre. What a fun lighthearted play. Whew, and that was only Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment