Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Second Trimester is Here

Here is the end of week 14. The nauseousness is hitting me with a vengeance, hopefully with the thought of leaving soon. I'm getting a little bit bigger, but no one would guess I'm pregnant if they saw me on the street. Just a gal with a bit of weight around her belly. ;)

I can't believe it, we are heading off on our vacation in just over 2 weeks! I have barely thought about it since we finished planning it. I have decide to forgo learning Spanish in such a short amount of time and instead stay with my Anatomy and Physiology class. It's going to be a ton of work, and I am already a week behind since I was going to drop the class. So wish me luck!!

I started my women's bible study at church last week. We are reading 'The Pursuit of GOD' by A.W Tozer. What an amazing book. What he wrote decades ago, still holds true today. I wanted to share a verse from the study that struck me this morning as being so true.
What good is it for man to gain the whole world; yet forfeit his soul? Mark 8:36
It is so easy to get caught up in all the things this world has to offer. Money, higher education, winning, power, recognition... But none of it worth it. Our focus should be on God and not the things of this world. It's a hard thing to learn and do, I will forever be working on it. I had a hard time giving up my IT work, as I know i had some identity with it. But in the end it is more then worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment