Saturday, December 01, 2007

Big News

I've decided no reason not to blog about this. It's a huge part of my life now.... Last Saturday morning, two days after Thanksgiving I was having a hard time sleeping. Thanksgiving had gone well. Friday was relaxing, but I still felt strange. I was awake most of the night tossing, turning, thinking. Could it be? I couldn't take it anymore. I had to know. I had to take a pregnancy test. 4:10am Saturday morning I found out

I'm Pregnant!

Geoff is so excited. We both can't stop beaming. This is a picture Geoff took of me Saturday morning with the positive results on the pregnancy test.

Here are some stats:
  • Due Date: Around July 25th, 2008
  • Current Time line: 6 weeks and 4 days
  • Energy level: Medium. Not bad, high in the morning, fade fast in the evening.
  • Nap: Yes. I never did before but now it is definitely needed daily
  • Nauseousness: High. Sick every afternoon but luckily no throwing up.
  • Mental Sharpness: Low. I'm having a total lack of mental sharpness. It's strange. I keep forgetting to do things. Nothing big, just small things. Like two times now I've tried to drop off a form at my Girls on the Run school and I keep forgetting.
I knew something was going on, but couldn't believe it was true. I had convinced myself otherwise, not wanting to get too excited about the idea. I justified the signs. The upset stomach, the missed period, the hormonal hurricane. It wasn't until Thanksgiving morning that the sign was big enough for me to really consider it. I felt really tired and out of breath running 2 blocks when warming up for the 10k race. I'm in tune with my body and this was strange. Something must really be up. And it was!

I was going to wait for a while to take a test because if God wanted us to have a kid, he would and nothing would change that. I didn't need to know right away. At least not until it kept me up at night thinking about the possibilities. :)

Here's my first belly picture. It is week 5, when I first found out. I plan on taking one every week and watching my belly grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment