It is time for the four of us (Me, Geoff and the two dogs - Austin & Genni) to say goodbye to Minnesota and hello to Washington D.C. We officially moved to Oak Hill, Virginia this last week. (The town is also called Herndon, Virginia). I would say this is my biggest adventure ever. Moving 1/2 across the U.S. to the East Coast! Now that is quite the adventure for a Midwestern girl that has lived in the Twin Cities all her life. It's a sad, but exciting time. I love you, my family and I am going to miss you terribly. My heart aches when I think about all the family times and friendships I am going to miss. I will try my hardest to stay connected to each of you're lives. But even with that sad thought, I hope there will be a chance to expand my world and find out more about myself.THE DRIVE
So with that thought of leaving family and friends, we loading up the car, piled in the two dogs, added the trailer on the back, filled it to the max, and drived across the country - 20 hrs straight. On the way I saw Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia all in a days time. What a long rainy day, then night, then day again. I was actually teary eyed for the first half of the trip, but after a talk with my Mom I realized I need to look at the bright side - I was heading out to the biggest adventure of my life. The only thing that kept us going was coffee and sunflower seeds. Geoff actually drove the whole night and during that time ate two whole large bags of sunflower seeds! (I was moral support) After many cups later of sunflower seed shells and gas station stops we finally arrived.ARRIVAL
The first thing we did after getting here and unpacking was... no not sleep after pulling an all nighter... but a bike ride! It was 80 degrees and sunny so who could resist!! Then we crashed for some needed rest.
Wow -- all that warm weather must have been a shock to the system! I think we were probably digging out from a typical March snow storm (8") as you were checking out your new digs! i have to admit, I'm a little jealous.
ReplyDelete