So early the next morning all three of us put on our race numbers and running clothes, while Alexis, Simon's girlfriend (who is also here visiting) is getting ready to cheer us all on. Thanks Alexis for all the great race pics!

Off we went at 6:58am from RFK stadium. Actually there wasn't enough porta-potty's so we had to wait around until after the started. So off we went after the race started, chasing down the rest of the runners. We were the last to start but we didn't care, they used chips for timing. Geoff and I decided to run together and make it a fun run. And fun it was! We ran down Indenpendence and Constitution Ave. right by the Capital, the mall and the White House. Then down to the Tidal Basin and back around. We did the majority of our miles around 8:10 min/mile pace. I finished with a time of 1:47 and Geoff 1:46 and some change.
Yay! Good for you. Sounds like a fun time!
ReplyDeleteYou're a big nerd! Running a half-marathon on a whim...yes, I'm jealous!
ReplyDelete