
Geoff completed his first marathon two weeks ago! Here he is at the start looking all nervous. He did a great job and ran a 3:52. He was shooting for a 3:30 but didn't get any running in the three weeks prior due to a bike crash and also made the typical rookie mistake and went out too fast. He's already talking about what he would do differently, which is a great sign for me since I love running marathons :)
While Geoff ran, I biked around on my Cycle cross bike. I still wasn't up for running due to my IT band injury. Here I am cheering him at mile 23. He headed right for me when he saw me! I also got a chance to help out for an hour at the Clif Shot aid station with friends at 13. Who new giving Shots could be so much fun? I then caught up with him at 22 and followed him all the way to the end. I really had a fun time given I was suppose to out there racing too. Actually ever since the marathon passed I haven't been as fustrated with being injury, which is nice. Now I really just have Ironman USA to look to.
Wow that looks cool! Glad you had fun!!
ReplyDelete