Wednesday, September 20, 2006

September Update

I've been back from Minnesota for about 2 1/2 weeks. And it's already been busy as fall activities start up. Here's a few of the more exciting things.
  • Did a 3 hour run on the C&O Canal trail. Wow did that hurt the last 15 minutes.

  • I am still meeting with Yumi, my Japanese friend to work on her English. First time out on the town together. We headed to the Farmer's Market. It's amazing how many words there are to learn for a foreigner.

  • Applied for the USAT Level I Coaching Certification training. I find out if I'm in next week. It would be 3 days in Florida on the Dec 9-11 weekend.

  • Raced in a relay team at the Nation's Triathlon this last weekend. Did a 3k run at 7:13 min/mile pace. Not great, but good for no speed training. We took second overall for relays and first for co-ed relays. Geoff raced the whole thing. He did good. Here are the Results.

  • Geoff is out of town for most of the week.

  • Took and passed CPR training last night.

  • Ran 9.5 miles in 80 minutes yesterday. 8:25 min/mile pace. A good training day for my marathon coming up.
Well I better get back to work. Next week brings lots of fun new stuff. It's the start of my Cyclocross racing, coaching GOTR and my trip to Kiawah Island with Geoff's family!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:30 PM

    Cool, lots of action! I'm excited for your Tri training - it looks like a full schedule.

    ReplyDelete