Monday, July 24, 2006

VBS Week

All week I helped out at my church's VBS, Vacation Bible School. Here is a picture of our daily opening group get together. The main topic for the week was courage. It lasted everyweek day from 9-12am and then I would come home and work in the afternoon. Then Friday night there was a carnival for all the kids and parents. Geoff and I helped out there with set-up, making hot dogs, collecting money and breaking down. It was a long week but well worth the time and energy.

My role during the week was a team leader of seven first grade boys. Here is a picture of 4 of them. That knowledge right there should give you a glimpse into my week. I was way out of my relm of everyday life. Working with kids, yet alone little boys wasn't exactly anything I've done recently. Luckily they were great kids and we had a blast. As you would expect their enery levels were high and they loved playing water games. The wetter the better seemed to be the motto. Makes me want to have kids of my own! Yikes :) Hopefully through it all Geoff and I have meet some more people at the church and the kids have learned more about Courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment