Location: Perryville, MD
Race: Olympic Tri turned Duathlon (Run 2.5 mile, Bike 27 miles, Run 5 miles)
Age Group: Female 30-35
Time: 2:25:02
Overall Place - women: 16 / 97
Age Group Place: 2 / 15
Results

We decided to leave the morning of the race instead of staying overnight. We packed everything the night before - wetsuit, bike, running shoes and all the other 100 or so necessary items. Before I knew it 3:30am had arrived and it was time to roll out of bed. What a early morning. I sleepily crawled towards the car after getting the dogs all settled in the house. As we pulled onto the freeway I gave Geoff a smile, pulled out my pillow and was out cold for the next 1 1/2 hours. Thanks Geoff for letting me sleep! Surprise, surprise, before I new it we had arrived.
As we climbed out of the car at 5:50am we heard the big news over the speaker. The swim was CANCELLED! Too much bacteria in the river. It was now going to be a Duathlon, Run-Bike-Run. I wasn't sure what I thought of this. I thought about it for a short while, and decided I'd be fine not getting wet. Given I had just woken up getting wet wand cold wasn't really big on my list yet. The next two hours we checked in, got our stuff in transition, warmed-up and attempted to determine what sort of pace you run the first run of a duathlon. At lactic threshold was the decision. The gun for my wave finally went off and then I was off...
Race highlights:
- Run-bike-run is more painful then swim-bike-run.
- I couldn't find my bike coming into the first transition. I felt so stupid! I ran up and down, and then up and down again, finally realizing I was in the wrong row.
- The bike course was hilly and technical but I enjoyed it immensely.
- The second run I just kept X'ing the people in front of me and chasing them down. I had decent run times but I know I can be faster. Ran 7:32 min/mile pace.
- I got my first east coast trophy. It's a lighthouse.
- Geoff and I got a change to hang out with some of our new friends from the TriCat's.
- Our Club placed 2nd in the club challenge.
Race pictures:
Congrats Laura! That's awesome...sounded like you had fun. Why weren't you on your new TT bike?
ReplyDeleteGina