I ran my 4th National half marathon last weekend. Here is a picture of me (& half of Geoff as he wasn't wearing his bib on front) running. It was great to be out there for the 4th year in a row. However sadly it didn't go so well. For some reason at mile 2 my IT band starting hurting. Hurting bad just like last year when I was pregnant. It was exactly at the same point in the race as last year. It didn't make sense. I was trained and much lighter. I ran a 10 miler two weeks before with no problem.
So I ran for another 4 hoping it needing to loosen up. No luck. So I told Geoff I couldn't run the whole thing without hurting myself worse. I could either quit right there or walk the rest. Geoff being the sweatheart that he is offered to walk the rest of the run with me. So we started walking and walking and walking. It takes a long time to walk something you planned on running! I couldn't resist running every little bit...I wanted to run so bad. I tried to not let it bother me but I was really bummed. What a disappointment. We finished and in the end had fun. Thanks for a nice walk on a brisk morning Geoff! Thanks for watching Miles Cyndie!
Strangely my leg hasn't bothered me since. Looking back I wonder if it triggered so Geoff wouldn't hurt himself running a 1/2 marathon he wasn't trained for. I'll never know. I'm just glad it is feeling better and I can still run.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment