Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Challenge

I decided to challenge myself to read the Bible in a year. 1640 pages spread out over 365 days. Should be easy right! I decided to read it in Chronological order - the order the events actually occurred. I believe it will be a fascinating journey, reading history unfold! Geoff is also taking on the same challenge so here we go...

I am on day 6 and I am amazed how many questions I already have. I've found Genesis to be challenging and thought provoking. Each and every word is in there for a reason even if I don't understand it. Here are some examples of my questions:
  1. Could wild animals and humans communicate back then? Adam & Eve understood the serpent? Genesis 3:1 
  2. What did the serpent look like in the garden? It's not until Genesis 3:14 that he is forced to crawl on the ground, like a snake. 
  3. Why did God look down on Cain's offering? Genesis 4:5 Did it need to be a blood sacrifice?
  4. Why did Noah curse Canaan, Ham's 4th son? Not Ham? Genesis 9:24-28

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment