Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Week 30

Somehow I seem to take these pictures just after I get up. My hair is everywhere and I have no make-up on. Me in the natural state.

I signed up for a 2 mile open water swim that happens to be this coming Sunday. Given my lack of swimming in the past few months I thought I'd go test out my swimming skills. So yesterday I headed to the pool and swam 2 miles (3200yrds). It took me around 70 min with lots of breaks for stretching out the ab muscles. I found that swimming was really painful at first around my abs because they are so tight and being stretched so much. After the first 1000yrds or so I got into a groove and stretched out nicely.

So I think I'm ready for Sunday's open water swim! I did the 2 miles last time in just under an hour. So 70min seems like a realistic time this year. Now the question is will I still fit into my wetsuit?? I had it on three weeks ago but baby has really grown...


No comments:

Post a Comment