Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Can you resign after 1 1/2 days on the job?

So can you resign after 1 1/2 days on the job by yourself? I am finally alone with the two kids after my parents leaving yesterday morning and the thought of resigning has crossed my mind (although I would never do it). I have dealt with more poop in a 1 1/2 day period then I thought possible.

Let's see... yesterday. If it wasn't enough to have a dog with the runs, I had a newborn with a major diaper explosion. During the diaper explosion I was on a call with her in my lap. By the time I was off the phone there was a mess everywhere. Lets just say an emergency bath was required and a change of clothes for BOTH of us. At the same time this was occurring the timer in the kitchen went off. So full on mess and baby in hand I dashed down the stairs to ensure I didn't burn dinner. By the end of it I have a toddler on my leg whining for attention, a baby crying and me trying to quickly wash an outfit out and clean up after a dog.

Today... new day, same thing. Dog makes a mess on the carpet, baby has an explosion while holding her. Plus two emergency feeds. (Don't know what an emergency feed is? Read on.) One while I was attempting to make an omelet for me and Miles. Baby crying, omelet in progress with hungry toddler in high chair. Which do you deal with? The second while walking back home with hungry toddler and baby. Solution...who knew you could breastfeed a baby in a carrier while cooking or walking.

Well that is only the start of the challenges these last two days but I must use my limited quite time to get some work done. The big question is what will tomorrow look like...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Hang in there. I was going to call you soon, but figured you had your hands full. Give me a call when you get a moment of rest---if that's possible.
    Hope you are well!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete