
It jumped to 115.6 F right after I took the picture. Top is inside, bottom is outside. I know it's warm in here but better then out there. What is one suppose to do on a day like today? Run? Ya right! Talk about heat. So I did what I thought everyone did. Head to the pool. It was empty. I guess too hot for even swimming. I tried doing some laps for a half hour. It was like a bath tub. So I tried laying out to read a book. I started sweating. I thought 'Am I sitting in the sauna?'. Time to head back indoors.
The training plan is done. I finished it last week. We are officially in the mist of Marine Corps Marathon training. Race day is 12 1/2 weeks away, October 29th. It is Geoff's first stand alone marathon. He's got some great potential. I'm so excited too see him succeed!
Running + Heat = misery
I bet your asking, how do you train for a marathon when it's that stinking hot out!?! The answer is get up really, really early. And it's still hot. Got up at 5:30am to meet up with new friends (ya for Jenn & Michael & the gang!) for a ride. Good thing I'm a morning person. It was a tough one for Geoff but he did great.
So why didn't I think of this heat thing when I signed up for the marathon? I have NO idea. But I can say I am getting soooo much better at this hot weather exercising. Monday I did my 2 hr run. I started at 7:20am and it was already at least 85 F and climbing. First hour with Genni, second hour with Austin. I felt great the whole time (except for my eyes stinking from all the salty sweat). The dogs on the other hand, were worn out for once. :)
Exercise
Tuesday 8/01/06
30 min swim & stretching
Monday 7/31/06
2 hr run
Sunday 7/30/06
off since feeling sick
Saturday 7/29/06
56 mile ride
Friday 7/28/06
60 min tempo run, 40 min easy ride
Thursday 7/27/06
2300 yrd swim
Wednesday 7/26/06
3 1/2 hr ride, skipped track due to tight IT band
Tuesday 7/25/06
40 min swim
Sunday 7/23/06
2 hr run
No comments:
Post a Comment